Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Officially Have Keys to my New Apartment!

All day yesterday I was antsy and anxious for the workday to be over because it was the day I finally got the keys to my apartment!

By 4:30 I was ready to go, and bolted from work to catch the bus and train home to pick up my car and grab a few cleaning-type things that weren't already in my car. Chatted with my roommate for a few seconds, giving her the heads up on the "plan" for the rest of the week. By 5:30 I was off to the building since I had an appointment @ 6. Or at least, I should've had an appointment at 6. Good thing I knew, cuz no one else did.....poor maintenance/on call guy had no idea....

But, everything worked out in the end, and I'm in!

Tonight the real moving begins. Mom & Dad are up from Oshawa, and I have the elevator booked from 5-8. Also, for the first time ever, I'll apparently be meeting the landlady I've talked with many times on the phone and by email, but have yet to see in person. Hopefully she won't yell at me again about my elevator bookings, and will actually have a parking spot for me finally!

I had planned to bring my camera and document all the moving excitement, but I forgot :-( I also asked Matt if we could bring his today, but we both forgot.....maybe he can grab it mid-move tonight when thery pick up the stuff I have in his garage :-)

I will post 'em once I've got 'em though!

side note: I finally remembered what I'd been meaning to ask my mom to bring for the past week...argh....the coffee! maybe she thought of it herself.... :-D

2 Comments:

At 12:10 p.m., Blogger Matt said...

We both didn't forget, just you ;).
I have my camera.

 
At 12:51 p.m., Blogger skeeter said...

Really??
Yay! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home