Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weekend home

One more super crazy work week down, and time for a break back home with Mom & Dad...
It's been a while, but I finally made it back home for the weekend. It's been good, made my first trip up to my aunt & uncle's "cottage". Yes, seriously...I could live there...please, let me live there... ;-)
As expected, it's gorgeous, and not even finished yet. Fortunately, despite my aunt's warnings, I didn't get put to work at all. But I did take many pictures.

My cousin was pitching yesterday too, so there was a bit of a rush on to get back and listen. It was a great game for him. Of course, some run support would've been nice, but at least he didn't get tagged with the loss. It's gotta be tough as a pitcher to give up only one run in 9 innings, pitch to almost the minimum number of batters, and still be on the losing team because there's zero offense... *sigh* Regardless, good game Chris! Keep it up!

This morning it was off to baseball again. This time with Dad, whose team I've grown up watching, and kinda miss being around week after week. They're a good group of guys, happy to just be out there playing, which makes it all the more fun when they take on one of the most ridiculously serious rec teams I've ever seen. Try-outs for an old-timers slo-pitch league? I think not. It was fun seeing them playing so horribly for a few innings. I'm surprised no one got benched or something equally as stupid.

All in all, a good weekend, back to Ottawa tonight. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home